02 July 2011

Dauset training

T.O.T.

Started 12 hours of Dauset training yesterday. Got five hours in, all in all a good day. Dauset really beats you up, especially when trying out new grips and adjusting my seat all day. Just could not get comfortable. The grips are my new Cohutta 100 grips (lizard skin), they are a lot smaller diameter than the SRAM grips I was using, my hands and wrist hurt a tad.

First two laps(35 miles) I rode steady, averaged 10.7 mph. I'll have to maintain that for the next nine hours if I want to be on the lead lap. I was running my skinny tires, so I had to pick my lines carefully because these tires will kick you all over the place, and the rear slides a bit. Skinny tires and big fat roots are not a good pair. Yes I went down, (only once)

Met up with Monti at Brown Lee, we talked about the price of rice in China, and just the state of mountain biking in general, John's foot and up and coming rides. Then we took of on our own way. Got up to the parking lot and met up with Chris, Mike, & Tiffany, Thomas, and Jason. They had just finished running a 20 mile training run. Chris, Mike, & me went out and did huff-in-puff before they all had to leave. I enjoyed riding with those guys, just spinning and joking, lots of fun.

After hanging out with everyone I went back at it, not as much "want to" as before. I guess I lost interest. And I was running out of time, lost to much time hanging out. So just did some Pine Mt. repeats. Next round of Dauset training I'm going with more purpose. Ended the day with 57 miles. Hopefully I will have some different grips to try too.

No comments:

Post a Comment