11 July 2011

Fried Green 50, fun ride

Fried green 50, cut a little short (46). Monti, Charlie, Mark, John, and me were OTT at 7:30am real good pace all day. A gravel grinder in the Piedmont is a great way to spend the morning. We had about 2800 ft. of ascent, 46 miles, very sneaky elevation gain, you feel like you've done the work but the miles click away quickly. Awesome ride, fun, and good training for anything.
Monti has set up a good route, I knew where we were for the most part, but I was surprised when we popped out on highway 11 in Round Oak. I grew up down the road in Wayside.
We took a short break at the forestry station, then headed back into the Piedmont. This section started out fast and rolling then the pain began. Some of the steepest hills were on this part. Good day, I can't wait till we do this again.

Mmm!


Charlie getting stuck in a tree?







No comments:

Post a Comment