23 July 2011

Running again

 I've been running again, well I never stopped but I've been more consistent. I really like my "Columbia Ravenous". They are good feeling shoes on and off the road, although I haven't had them on real trail yet. 300 miles and no real trail...sad. I have had my Mountain Masochist on the trail and these are sweet. Running and my "workout runs" have made the difference in my cycling this year. Since I am limited on my ride time, running has kept me in good shape. And it is also what started my habit of getting fit.
 I've been entertaining the idea of running another ultra, but I am afraid of losing time on the bike. But ultra training shouldn't hurt my fitness. Maybe just some long trail runs at Pine mountain would curb this appetite. I need to give this some thought, because I do have a "milestone" goal I would like to reach (ride to Pine mt. then run the trail). I had three goals I wanted to meet when I first started getting fit, which I thought would be milestones to mark my progression. 

  1. Run the whole Pine mt. trail (23 miles)
  2. Run the whole trail, then ride my bike back to the start
  3. Ride my bike to Pine mountain, then run the whole trail
 But we'll see, 2012 season could hold a different plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment