18 July 2011

Dauset training

Dauset again. I attempted a six hour ride but only ended up with five. Started out pretty good, steady but not slow "LSD". This ride really tired my out. A week off of training, hanging with the kids in Florida, eating nothing but junk food, really not the best training plan. But it was fun and my legs felt great. I cut another rear tire,(man I have bad luck) on huff-n-puff. I brought my other wheel set so I just swapped rear wheels instead of adding a tube and fighting all the stans boogers in my good wheel set. Besides if I had added a tube I probably wouldn't have found the object in the tire and popped the new tube. So off I went back on the trail with my old rear wheel that has a nine speed cassette. Oh ya my bike is now set up with a sweet 10 speed group. Well it actually shifted o.k. There was only three gears that didn't shift very well, but manageable. This also caused me to push harder gears than I wanted, because the gear I wanted would always seem to skip. Oh well, what you don't like makes you stronger. I fumbled my way through another lap and did some pine mountain repeats, and then I had enough. I would like to think if I hadn't punctured my spirits would have been better, and possibly rode for six hours.
I also gave those Ergon GC2 grips again. What an enigma. I think I am done with these things for the final time. My hands are killing me and my four arms tingling. The Ergon kool-aid drinkers say I don't have them turned correctly, but I have them in the recomended position. They feel great at first, then after a couple of hours, OUCH!
Well for now I will be in search of the grips that take me to nirvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment