10 September 2012

NOT prepared, NOT ready

  12 Hours of Dauset, 2012 edition. I will be racing on pure guts this year. At this point last year I had 1880 miles on the mountain bike, and 396 of that at Dauset. This year I have 289.9 miles on the mountain bike, and 28.4 at Dauset. OHHH! THIS RACE IS GOING TO HURT. But I must race, this is my favorite of the year. Iv'e done this race 4 times (12 hr. solo), last year being my best.

Photo by Mark D
Ray and I put in some miles at Dauset recently. We rode a steady pace, and my back and upper body felt better. (I rode 28 miles out there the week before and that hurt bad!). All of the road racing I did this year really made me soft. So I must pay my penance (a punishment in token of penitence for sin). Road racing is very fun, and fast, but endurance mountain biking is fun, satisfying, and really test ones toughness. 
 I have one more week to "cram for the test". I think I have the fitness, just not sure about the toughness! And I won't have a crew this year, so it will be a true solo race. I think I will be fine here. I just have to make sure all of my nutrition and gear is ready to go for quick pit stops. Like I will use bottles this year instead of a pack. Now I need to come up with 13 or more bottles. 
 What ever happens it will be fun and tough...Later

No comments:

Post a Comment