29 January 2012

Good riding

 I sure have been lucky with the weather lately. Typical Georgia winter, 36 degrees one day and 72 the next. But when it came time to get on the bike, sunshine. Might be cold or hot, but sunshine. Hope I didn't just jinx myself. 
 Iv'e had a great team ride, where we did some Perry/Roubiax practice laps, I learned a lot from that. Anytime on the dirt road is a good time. 
 Then I had a milestone ride where I rode with the Macon baselayer, to Dowdell Knob and back (final Baselayer ride of the year). 144.1 miles, avg 19.1 mpg. Now that was in a well organized group of I think 16 people. Good rollers all the way there, up Hines gap, up to Dowdell Knob, then steep rollers back to Macon. Dowdell Knob is where President Franklin D. Roosevelt would have a picnic, overlooking Harris county near the Little White House.
Just hanging out with the Prez
 So I've had some good miles lately. I hope I can carry them into the spring, because the new season of racing is just around the corner. 
 Speaking of spring racing, check this out.


Awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment