12 October 2011

Running again...again

 I've been running more lately, trying to get my running legs back so I can pace John at the Pinhoti 100. My plans are to pick him up at about 70 miles and help get him through pinnacle, and power line climbs. The race is won or lost in this section. I plan on pacing him for this 16 mile section, then pick him up again for the last 5 mile section, which is all asphalt, YUK! He wants me to run the whole last 32 miles with him....it would be my fastest 50k, OUCH! we will see how I feel.
 Sunday we ran 17.5 miles at Dauset, 3 hours. Not bad, good steady pace. I ran in the mountain masochists, they felt fine for that distance. I could probably run a 50k in them. I just like more forefoot cushion. My feet were a little tender after this run, in these shoes. But more time on my feet would probably help too. So my next long run will be this Sunday at Camp Thunder, two loops, 22 miles. I'm going to run in my Columbia Ravenous, can you say cush. I hope they feel as good on rocky trail as they do on milder trails. But I am going to have the Montrails in the truck in case I need to swap....Later



No comments:

Post a Comment