24 December 2012

Wishy Washy


 End of the year, tired, not sure if I run or I ride. New shoes, running feels good again. Back on the bike,  knee feels good. Do I run or do I ride.

 This time of year is always a pain for me, deciding on what races to do. Or should I even do any races. 50k's?, endurance MTB?, cross country with the kids?, duathlons? Makes me wonder, can I still enjoy being active without the competition? 

 Iv'e been lucky lately, and was offered a spot on a new road cycling team (Cherry Street Cycles) so that helped me choose some cycling events. And this team will afford me the time to race some mountain bike races with the kids as well.

 I think I will still run my normal amount of running. Maybe sneak in a race. Maybe not. A duathlon would be real fun. But there will probably be a road race or MTB race on the same day. If the kids want to race, I think that would be the big decider. 

 I could just become a triathlete?....Then I would need a new bike....No, I don't think I could hang out with a bunch of people who use the word bike as a verb.


wish·y-wash·y

  [wish-ee-wosh-ee, -waw-shee]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute.
2.
washy or watery, as a liquid; thin and weak.
Origin: 
1685–95;  gradational compound based on washy

....Later

No comments:

Post a Comment