10 November 2012

Taco's and Trails


 The words "taco's for dinner and I'm going for a trail run" should never be spoken within  an hour of each other. 
 I wasn't planning on eating one before I ran, but as I was tasting the kids dinner I ended up eating one. About 52 minutes into my run at L.H.Thomson, I placed an "ABC taco" on the trail. It sure did taste better the first time. Now my stomach felt terrible, so I planned on taking the radio tower loop bypass. I then thought, if I ever want to regain my "ultra runner" status, I should suck it up and finish the whole lap. Then I heard someone shooting a gun on top of the radio loop....so the bypass seemed like a good idea again. 
 I ended up with a very good run. I have 120 miles on my new Asics scouts, and they feel really good. Although If I buy another pair I will buy a half size smaller. 
 Only a couple of weeks until the L.H.Thomson marathon. I have some good miles on my feet. Pine Mt., Pinhoti trail, countless laps at Thomson, and my regular lunch runs. I'm excited about the race. Because I feel good and finally a race close to home so I don't have to travel...Later

No comments:

Post a Comment